Thursday, December 11, 2014

Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt step 2 and Christmas quilt finish



My Ford Mustang Playboy Pink Singer Featherweight is pictured above in photo. I was using her to sew double diamond units for my Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt.  I chain stitched them on my Featherweight. (I had Gerald Holmes custom pain her for me. He did an amazing job.)
Last Friday the second clue was released for Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion Mystery quilt. I had fun sewing this second step. Her quilts are amazing and I love her Mystery quilts. She has a free mystery quilt for her blog followers every year that starts the day after Thanksgiving. I am linking up this week with her blog. Check out all the other link ups to see their progress and check out her blog for more information on her quilts and the mystery. I am so thankful for her generosity in offering a free mystery quilt. Thanks Bonnie!  Here is her link Quiltville blog Bonnie Hunter
Here are my single diamond units for the mystery above stacked by one of my 40 some sewing machines. I love sewing on vintage machines.
Here is a picture of one of my finished double diamond units for my Grand Illusion mystery quilt. They are really fun to make and in one of Bonnie's posts for the mystery quilt she gives us three different ways to make them. It is actually a very fun unit to make. Next week I will post my progress on the next step in which the clue comes out tomorrow morning. I forgot to take a picture of all my double diamond units sewn together. I will next week. Below is a Christmas quilt I finished up. It is quilted and I just finished hand stitching the binding on. I am going to try to get some outdoor pictures of it held open soon to post. It is about a twin size, it is folded on my quilt wall/rack shelf. The table runner under the tree I made this last summer. Have a great day and thank you for looking at my blog. Comments are always welcome if you'd like to leave one. Happy Holidays everyone!
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Your Christmas quilt is really pretty. And it is something that you could leave out all winter. . . .not just until Christmas.

    Good luck with the mystery quilt. . . . .I have the first 2 clues printed and the fabrics are washed and pressed but I haven't cut into them yet. . . .hopefully over the long New Year's weekend.

    Merry Chrustmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I so love your vintage sewing machines. I love sewing on mine as well they sew like butter. Your diamonds looks great. Sounds like a fun sew a long I am going to have to check it out.
    Merry Christmas
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pinwheel quilt. The gold chain of squares really makes it sparkle.

    ReplyDelete