Wednesday, March 27, 2013

4 squares and ceramics

We still have quite a bit of snow here in Central MN. I am waiting for spring to arrive. It has been a long winter here. I haven't posted for a while. I have been working on sewing 4 patches to make a scrappy 4 patch quilt from 1800's reproduction fabrics. It will have 625 four patches in the top. Each four patch will be from 2 different fabrics and each patch will have different fabrics. I need 1250 different fabrics. I have over 400 4 patches sewn together so far.  I included a few pics of a few of my squares. I am sewing my scrappy four patch quilt on my Singer Featherweight. Its such a great machine. I will post a new blog on the finished top when I am done.
I have also started a scrappy bear paw quilt. I will blog on that another day. I have to leave for work soon.

Here are some pics of a few of my ceramic pieces that I bisque fired weeks ago. I still need to glaze them and fire them again. I will blog on them when I get that done. I haven't spent much time in my ceramic studio this winter. I have been having too much fun sewing.

These dishes below are little trinket dishes that I thought would make cute pin holders when finished. I may give a couple away on my blog if anyone is interested. I need to glaze them first, so it may be a few weeks. Well I gotta go. Thanks for viewing my blog! Feel free to leave comments if you'd like. Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. I love your ceramics, and your trinket dishes are lovely - they would be wonderful as receivers for bits of thread while sewing. Your scrappy quilt looks nice for snuggling under on cold days/nights. Spring has not arrived here yet either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your fabric choices. This will be a fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete