Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Part 1 Celtic Solstice Link Up

I am doing Bonnie Hunter's awesome new mystery Celtic Solstice. Here are some of my cheddar and blue part one pieces that I was playing with on a piece of my yellow fabric that I will be including in my quilt top. I am using 1800 reproduction fabrics. Of course we have no idea what the blocks will look look like until much later but its always fun to play with the units. She has lots of information and tutorials on her site for the new mystery. I used the tri recs rulers like she showed on her site for the first time and they work great. All my pieces were perfect. A huge thank you to Bonnie for all her hard work and for letting us all enjoy the mystery for free. She is very generous!


 Here are my 96 blue and neutral pieces stacked together on red fabric. I am planning on using reds too, unless I change my mind before the next step. I am doing the small quilt. She is offering directions for two sizes. I can always make more pieces later and do the king size. This quilt when finished will go in one of my extra bedrooms on an antique bed I spied and bought this summer. It snowed 5 inches yesterday here in Minnesota where I live. The picture below are some of my blue and neutral pieces on top of the fresh snow. The snow is super white and sparkly the photo was taken at midnight.
Quiltville
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2013/12/celtic-solstice-mystery-monday-link-up-1.html
Here is Bonnie's link.
I hope everyone is having a great week! I am looking forward to Bonnie's next clue.
Lisa

4 comments:

  1. I love your arrangement on the yellow fabric! Maybe you should post the pattern next time? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fabrics! And taking the picture of the units on the fresh snow is going above and beyond! Love the red, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I can't wait to see how it comes out!

    ReplyDelete