Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Old quilts at Bonanzaville

My husband and I went to Bonanzaville in North Dakota this last fall and I wanted to share my photos of the old beds with the quilts. I love antiques and old quilts and there were plenty to see there. Hope you enjoy the photos. I think I took a picture of each bed and quilt I saw.

 There were several homes to tour. This was an old cabin.
 Loved the old wood cook stove.

 The baby cradles and cribs were cute.
 I love antique beds.

 General Custer was even there. (smile) He was happy to pose for us. Later in the evening there was an Indian pow pow which we stayed for. That was very fun to watch. There were Indians from many different tribes doing different dances. Custer was gone before the Pow Wow.
 I loved this star quilt. Lots of pretty old fabrics to awe over.




I have more photos of more beds with old quilts still from this day. If anyone is interested leave me a comment and I can post more in a different blog.

I haven't blogged for awhile summer kept me pretty busy. I worked at my job, had a huge garden. I started my own pepper and tomato plants (90) which all got planted and used. I canned 48 quarts spaghetti sauce, 80 pints applesauce, 72 quarts dill pickles, lots of jams, tomatoes, peaches, grape juice, 80 jars salsa, beans, carrots, potatoes and a few other things.
I did do a bunch of sewing. I will save that for a different post. Last few days I have been sewing my first step for a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt. Celtic Solstice. I am going to link up in a different post. I just finished all my star points tonight. Yaa...!!!!

1 comment: